Benefits for Authors
Articles published in the Fragmenta Entomologica are Open Access, giving a number of advantages for the widest dissemination, visibility, and impact of your research.
Publishing as Open access offers authors a number of benefits, including:
- Higher and faster visibility: Open Access articles are viewed on a global scale, and contents are available to everyone.
- Wider impact: Thanks to a permissive license like CC BY, scientists and scholars are endowed to make progress on existing researches, thus facilitating the generation of new data.
- Increased citation: Studies have shown that Open Access articles are regarded and cited more often than established paywall journals/articles.
- Perpetual accessibility: Open Access articles are hosted on dedicated servers, being accessible to everyone endlessly.
- Funding opportunities: an increasing number of funding bodies and agencies requires their grant holders to publish their researches as Open Access articles to be comprehensively available, free and without restrictions on re-use.
Copyright on any article in the Fragmenta Entomologica is retained by the author(s) under a CC BY-NC license, which permits to copy, redistribute, remix, transform, and build upon the material in any non-commercial medium or format. This type of license is mandatory for many research funding bodies, and allows for maximum dissemination and re-use of open access materials.
Wide-ranging and rigorous peer review
Manuscripts are evaluated by skilled reviewers who are authorities in your field. Our journal follows the ICMJE Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals and the Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing (joint statement by COPE, DOAJ, WAME, and OASPA).
Global spread and discoverability
Article level metrics for each article show your research impact on the journal site and provide understandings in the ways people interact with your research in the online environment.